Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Challenge Update!

Hi Everyone!

Now that the holidays are over and we have had a day or so to regroup it is time to get serious about the B-B-B-B-B-BAD Challenge 2013.  

Questions answered here:

I have been asked some very good questions and thought there might be others who didn't want to ask but wanted to know so here is some additional information.
 I think you may be overwhelmed by the idea of daily creativity so I am going to help you see it isn't scary at all. 

 Let's say you are a B-asketry person and it usually takes you about 3 days to finish a basket.  Photo of materials and/or start of basket is day one post, day two can be a written update (i.e. I added another 3 inches to the height of the basket) with or without photo.  This would continue until the project is complete. 

 Are you like me and have a finger in many creative pies but cannot figure out how to fit them into the "B" of the challenge?  If you are a quilter your "B" is the block of the quilt you are working on.  Do you sew?  One of the things on my to do list this year is to make a B-edspread with matching B-edroom curtains for the front bedroom.  See how easily this bit of creativity fits into the challenge?

Do you knit or crochet? Another project on my list is an orange/green/yellow variegated knit tunic.  Guess what the name of the pattern is?  Bobble beaded dress.  I am not making this up.  I also have at least 3 prayer shawls to make this year and one of them must be blue for that is the recipient's favorite color.  I figure those two projects alone will meet 14-20 days of my challenge posts as they go from start to finish, row by row on up to completion.  See how easy it is to meet the challenge requirements? 

Are you a beader?  Post daily with a photo to let us see how you are doing.

This doesn't have to be hard folks.  Don't over think it.

Is it the thought of trying to upload photos that is keeping you from taking the plunge?  Okay.  We have two places to make it easier.  I have made a facebook group and a Flicker group, same name same name for both, Bad Challenge 2013.  With these new phones a quick shot and post to facebook is a snap.  

Is it the thought of not making it to the end of the challenge which has you hesitating?  Look, guys.  Here is the story.  I started this darn thing twice before and didn't make it.  But I refuse to give up because the prize - 365 days of documented creativity - is such an appealing idea to me.  I have invited others to play as well so we can encourage each other and keep ourselves going.

WHO IS WITH ME?
  
So far I have had many inquiries but no takers.  It is time to make a decision so you will be ready when January 21, 2013 rolls around.  The facebook group is by invitation.  Drop me a line saying you want to participate on that site and I will "friend" you and add you to the group.  The Flicker site has a join button with the rules being simply that you have read the rules on the first post of this blog and agree to them.  I look forward to seeing some "count me in" comments in the next couple of days. 

Reminder:  I can be reached at facebook as myself, Dakotah Flannery or at the following email accounts:  polyclaydak@gmail.com; badchallenge2013@gmail.com

If you still think the challenge is too much for you or you cannot get a team together, please pass this on to your friends and guilds.
  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment