Saturday, January 26, 2013

6/365 B-LACK & SILVER YARN FOR CROPPED LACE CARDIGAN

This 4" x 4" knitted lace square for gauge does not look like much for a challenge day until you know the background.  It took several days of going through pattern books and magazines to find one that would work.  Then trips to 6 yarn shops before I found the perfect yarn to make the thing.  When completed (and I'll post a photo of the pattern photo soon) it will have a grossgrain ribbon on the inside ribbing with many snaps so that different bottoms can be attached.  I am making this specifically to wear at Synergy3 this year.

On a separate note, not sure I won't have to use some of my 52 off days soon myself.  Tonight, David brought in the new gallon of liquid laundry detergent and set it on the washing machine, which was in use.  We heard something fall but couldn't figure out what and where until......while going to the closet for shoes, I slipped in the mess.  The closet is next to the laundry room.  Down I went with the entirety of my right side slamming into the door jamb.  Currently we are hoping my right ulna is not fractured.  We have it splinted and will see how bad it feels in the morning.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment